(Senior) IT Systems Engineer (m/f/d)
Utimaco is a worldwide supplier of professional cyber-security solutions and is based in Aachen, Germany. Since 1983, Utimaco develops hardware security modules and compliance solutions for telecommunication provider regulations. Utimaco is a world-market leader in both segments. Customers and parters of Utimaco in all parts of the world trust the company's long-term, proven reliability and investments protection, as well as its many certified IT security standards. Utimaco stands for recognizes product quality, user-friendly software, excellent support and trusted high security-made in Germany.
To further strengthen our Corporate Unit we are looking for a: (Senior) IT Systems Engineer (m/f/d)
- Select, deploy, and maintain hardware for data centers while ensuring the reliability and efficiency of hardware systems.
- Operate and maintain VMWare virtualization infrastructures as well as troubleshoot and resolve issues to ensure seamless operations.
- Maintain and expand automated VM deployment based on Ansible and Packer.
- Administer PureStorage systems for optimal performance and availability.
- Implement and manage backup processes using Veeam or equivalent tools as well as implement storage solutions.
- Utilize automation tools such as Ansible and Terraform to streamline processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Proven experience in a similar role, with a focus on data center hardware, VMWare virtualization, and storage systems.
- Demonstrated expertise in monitoring and logging technologies, preferably Sensu, Grafana Loki and OpsGenie.
- Certification in relevant technologies (VMWare, PureStorage, Veeam) is a plus.
- Strong understanding of DevOps practices and principles as well as proficiency in IaaS concepts and technologies.
- Hands-on experience with automation tools such as Ansible and Terraform.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, listening and teamwork skills, and effective presentation skills as well as fluent written and spoken English.
We offer you:
- An open and friendly corporate culture characterized by constructive and collaborative interaction.
- A flexible working hours model that can be adapted to individual needs.
- Personal protection through international travel health insurance, private accident insurance, and support in the form of company pension schemes.
- Professional and personal development through targeted training opportunities.
- Free beverages, fresh fruit, and sweets.
- Participation in sports programs such as running events or back training.
- The opportunity to unwind with a round of foosball or PlayStation.
DO YOU FEEL ADDRESSED?
Then we look forward to receiving your detailed application stating your earliest possible starting date and your salary expectations.